Decoupage of flower pots
In this post we will learn how to decorate a flower pot with your own hands. For decoupage pot we will need:
- Synthetic brush
- Flower pot
- Acrylic transparent lacquer
- PVA glue or glue for decoupage
- Acrylic paints
- Napkin with suitable pattern
- Primer (not obligatory)
1. Degrease the outer surface of the pot. If desired, it can be primed
2. Take a napkin with a favorite pattern and cutting the pattern
3. Carefully separate the colored layer from the napkin substrate.
4. Take liked acrylic paints and paint the pot
5. On the prepared patterns apply glue for decoupage. If you use PVA glue, dilute it with water in the proportion 2:1 (two parts of PVA glue and 1 part of water) before use.
6. Carefully apply cut details to the surface of the pot. If there are superfluous edges, cut them or bend inside
7. In the center of the pattern we drip glue and distribute it with a brush from the center to the edges. Make sure, that no remain air bubbles.
8. Wait until the flower pot dries and varnish it
Enjoy the result!